The process for downloading e-books from Dawsonera is changing. You may
have already noticed this change for some Dawsonera e-books and it will
apply to all Dawsonera e-books from 31st October 2017.
From a SGUL desktop computer or laptop
We advise you to use the read online option if you are
using a university computer or library laptop to access Dawsonera e-books.
From your own computer or mobile device
If you want to download a Dawsonera e-book onto your own desktop computer,
laptop, or mobile device, you will need to install free software as
- To download Dawsonera e-books to your own desktop or laptop, you will
need to install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
- To download Dawsonera e-books to an iOS (Apple) or Android device, you
will need to first download the BlueFire Reader app, which is available from the Apple and Google play stores.
- How to download ADE or BlueFire Reader and access your Dawsonera e-book:
- Create an Adobe ID if you don’t already have one. Visit theAdobe website, click “ Sign in”, then “Get an Adobe ID”. Fill in the online form to sign up for an ID.
- Download ADE or BlueFire Reader, and authorise the software with your Adobe ID.
- Access the e-book on Dawsonera as normal, and choose to download to
either Adobe Digital Editions or BlueFire Reader as appropriate.
- Adobe have also provided this clip on how to create an Adobe ID