All St George’s Trust staff with OpenAthens accounts now have access to those resources directly from Google Scholar and PubMed. The display of OpenAthens links in these platforms can be set up by following a few quick steps.
Setting up Google Scholar links:
- Click on the menu at the top left of the Google Scholar home page
- Select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Library links’
- Search for ‘st george’
- Select ‘St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’
- Click Save
All searches in Google Scholar will display a ‘St George’s Trust OpenAthens’ link next to results where full-text is available:
(Note that these steps need to be followed separately on each device you use).
Setting up PubMed links:
- Login to My NCBI. If you do not have an account, register here
- Under ‘Filters’, ensure that PubMed is selected in the drop-down menu, and click on ‘Manage Filters’
- Select LinkOut from the available filter categories, and search for St George’s
- Next to the entry for St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, check the boxes under the Filter and Link Icon columns
All searches in PubMed will display a ‘St George’s Trust OpenAthens’ filter when you are signed in to My NCBI. When viewing the abstract of an individual result, where full-text is available a St George’s Library icon will be displayed under ‘Full text links’ on the right of the page:
More detailed step-by-step guides are available on the SGUL Library website.