A new NHS Knowledge and Library Hub (the ‘Hub’), coordinated by Health Education England (HEE) and NHS librarians, now makes it easier to find journal articles and other evidence resources across NHS England.
The Hub is a ‘one-stop’ gateway which, for the first time nationally, connects NHS staff and learners in England seamlessly to articles, reports and other evidence-based resources all in one place.
- Cross-searching across a wide range of databases to locate journal articles and e-publications such as reports and conference proceedings
- One click access to PDFS where available, or request a copy via our NHS Article Request service
- Searches that can be carried across to clinical decision support tools such as Uptodate, BMJ Best Practice or the Royal Marsden Manual and even selected e-books
- Access to individual databases such as Medline, CINAHL and Embase for advanced literature searching
- A national NHS system available to you wherever you work in NHS England via your NHS OpenAthens account, connecting you to library services such as our NHS Articles Request Service.
Try a search today or learn more about how to make the most of the ‘Hub’ with our short user guide.
The Hub is an exciting new HEE initiative, designed with all NHS staff and learners in mind- please send any queries or feedback on the ‘Hub’ to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can keep working with our providers to enhance and improve this new service.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen John-Pierre, NHS and Liaison Manager at St George’s Library on email@example.com