Every year St George’s Library welcomes our new undergraduates and postgraduates with a Library induction: this year we’re changing things up… we’re moving our Library Inductions online!
As well as meeting your Liaison Librarians at your welcome lectures, all new starters will be enrolled onto the SGUL Library module in Canvas, your VLE at St George’s. Here you’ll be able to access course-specific information about Library resources, teaching and learning materials and most importantly for now, your Online Library Induction. You can also find a link to it here (SGUL Login required).
As keen new St George’s students, we hope you’ll be interested in exploring the Library module regardless, but appreciate that an incentive or two might entice you! Therefore, any student who completes their online induction will be automatically entered into a very generous prize draw…
Local businesses have come out in force to show their support for St George’s, so you could be in with a chance of winning the following:
- 2 x £20 vouchers for Dip & Flip (Tooting)
- 2 x £25* vouchers for Honest Burgers (Tooting)
- 1 x £30 voucher for Daddy Bao (Tooting)
- 1 x £25 voucher for brunch at Brickwood Coffee & Bread (Tooting)
- 4 x £5 vouchers for Peabody’s branches at St George’s
- 1 x voucher for a Men’s Cut & Finish at The Wild Hare salon
- 2 x £20 Waterstones gift cards
- 2 x St George’s travel mug
- 1 x Marks and Spencer box of chocolates
- 5 x Library Goody Bags
To enter the draw, make sure you complete your online Library induction before Monday 14th October 2019.
Entries received after this date will not be eligible for prizes.
The Library uses social media to give you the latest information about Library services, as well as drawing your attention to relevant news items and articles relevant to the medical and health field.
Terms and Conditions: St George’s Library Prize Draw
- The competition will run from Tuesday 27th August 2019 until Monday 14th October 2019.
- The prize draw is open to St George’s, University of London and Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education (Kingston University and St George’s, University of London partnership) students only.
- Entry to the prize draw is restricted to one entry per student, per channel. Multiple entries from any participant will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries once the competition has closed on Monday 14th October 2018.
- Winners will be contacted via their SGUL email address, or via the social media channel they used to enter the draw. Please be sure to check your emails / direct messages.
- The prize can only be collected in person from St George’s Library on production of a valid St George’s University ID card.
- Prizes must be collected within one week of notification.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, nor are they redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Photos of the prize winners will be taken to be used in publicity on Library social media channels.
- One prize draw will take place, unless the prizes are not collected by the deadline, in which case uncollected prizes will be redrawn (once only).
- Prize list is subject to change, depending on availability.
*Approximate value. Vouchers are for 2 x burgers, 2 x sides and 2 x drinks per voucher.