DynaMed Plus is now available to all St George’s NHS staff.
DynaMed Plus is an evidence-based knowledge system that helps clinicians make the right decisions at the point of care. It contains over 3,400 clinic topics, reviewed by doctors, providing evidence-graded treatment recommendations as well as diagnostic and other information. Evidence is synthesized according to an explicit methodology to provide objective analysis.
DynaMed Plus includes links to relevant BNF entries; NICE guidelines; Micromedex Drug Content; images and graphics; calculators; a mobile app for information on the go and more.
Content is updated daily and clinicians can opt-in to receive alerts on the latest updates in specialties such as:
- Allergy and Immunology
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Primary Care
- Sports Medicine
Access DynaMed Plus via the following 3 easy routes:
1. Via NHS OpenAthens (Links are also available from the library’s database page)
2. Via the hospital intranet (no login required)
3. Via the DynaMed Plus mobile app, when you’re on the go
See below for instructions on how to download and authenticate the DynaMed Plus app.
To download and authenticate the DynaMed Plus app:
- Access DynaMed Plus via NHS OpenAthens or the intranet page
- Click on the Mobile use – Get the DynaMed Mobile App link under Spotlight.
3. Enter your email address and click send.
4. An authentication link is emailed to you.
5. Open the email from your mobile device and follow the links to download the app via the iTunes Store or Google Play.
6. When prompted, authenticate the app via the OpenAthens link- look for the Athens link at the bottom of the authentication page.
Note: If you do not tap the authentication link in the email within 48 hours you will need to request a new authentication key from within DynaMed Plus.
7.The DynaMed Plus App opens on your device and begins the initial content download. Once you download the app, you can search DynaMed Plus content offline from your device.
Note: It is recommended that you are on a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of DynaMed Plus content as well as when updates become available. Initial download can take up between 10-30 minutes.
Getting more help
DynaMed Plus have produced this useful video to get you started with DynaMed Plus.
If you need support with your OpenAthens account then contact Cathryn Peppard on email@example.com
For training or if you have any questions about access to DynaMed Plus please contact Karen John-Pierre on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on resources available to NHS staff, please see our dedicated library page – http://library.sgul.ac.uk/nhs-staff