The offsite links to EBSCO databases have now been fixed.
To get to the CINAHL Plus, AMED and MEDLINE databases, please follow the appropriate database link from the Library webpage.
EBSCO are still working to fix their authentication problems.
The following workaround should enable offsite access:
1. Go here: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib
2. Select – UK Higher Education
3. Select St Georges University of London from the list of institutions
4. The Shibboleth login screen should now appear – enter your SGUL username & password
The above url links to CINAHL Plus – click on Choose database in EBSCO to select a different database (e.g.. AMED).
Scheduled network upgrade work will be taking place on EBSCOhost databases.
From: Friday 28 March 1am – 3am GMT
Access to EBSCOhost databases may not be available during the service period.
Scheduled maintenance will be taking place on EBSCOhost for 1 hour between: Friday 26th October 12pm – 1pm
Databases that would be affected are:
AMED, Cinahl Plus, and Medline.
EBSCOhost with Navigator may experience intermittent interrupted access. Affected functionality will include:
- Personal User Authentication
- Checkout and Download of eBooks
- Access to My EBSCOhost folder items or the ability to save items to personalized folders from session
EBSCOhost apologises for any inconvenience caused.
EBSCO have reported that the problems experienced with subject headings in CINAHL that were leading to imprecise searching and search results have now been resolved.
There is currently an issue with subject headings in CINAHLPlus that is resulting in imprecise searching and search results. The problem has been reported and EBSCO are working on a solution, which they expect to be in place within 72 hours.
We will post an update when further information is available.