St. George’s is carrying out a trial of 123Doc Education’s Foundation Cases Database. The database presents a searchable selection of 600 clinical cases in the field of patient safety and clinical practice, and can be used to support Foundation Doctors in building their e-portfolio.
How can I access the trial?
- Login via your OpenAthens account at https://www.123doc.com/athenslogin
- Create your personal profile.
- Select “My 123Doc” followed by “My Subscriptions”.
- You will see Foundation Years Clinical Cases Database. Select “Access”.
Don’t have an OpenAthens account?
Self-register or email your OpenAthens administrator, Zena Ali on email@example.com
How can I provide feedback on the trial?
Send any feedback on the content or relevance of this resource to Karen John-Pierre on firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis
Publisher: Medical Joyworks
Devices: Android 4.1 and up. Tablets and iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
Other requirements: The app takes 2.8mb to install, but as you download more cases, it will use up more memory.
Tested on: Nexus 7
Available from: Apple’s iStore and the Google Play
Type of information: Clinical case simulation game for physicians, medical students, nurses, and paramedics.
For: Physicians, medical students, nurses, and paramedics.
- Main pros – Free. New cases available regularly. Easy to use interface
- Main cons – Simplistic binary choices for clinical case management.
This clinical case simulation games is very simple to use and quick to download. Once you’ve installed the main app, you are given a list of cases that you download individually. Pick the ones you want to download, and once they are stored on your phone, you wont need 3g or WiFi to access the cases. You can browse all medical cases, or pick from four different categories: medicine, surgery, gyn & obs, and pediatrics. For each case, you go through 3 steps.
- History: gives you information about the patient.
- Investigate: you are given a selection of diagnostic tests that you can choose to perform, for the example below, this included TSH + FT$ and MRI Thorax.
- Management: you are given four patient management choices to pick from. You can choose more than one option.
After this you are given a score depending on the choices that you have made.
Medical Joyworks have releases other versions of the app for particular specialties, such as cardiology and neurology.
For more information: read the iMedicalApps review or go to the official app website.